I pride myself in being a champion of better software solutions to life’s (and currently specifically Higher Ed’s) problems. Devoted to understanding why something is a problem worth solving, how users need to solve it, and how modern software can help produce the solution.
Having a strong technical background combined with great empathy for end users gives me the insight to solve problems from the workflow level all the way up the software chain to envisioning new offerings.
Experience in the full life cycle of software including conception, market study, feasibility & financial projections, MVP delivery, and championing long-term maintenance, sunsetting, and migration.
Director of Product Management – Ocelot
- Introduce and champion scalable day to day organizational changes to kickstart the transformation to a product-driven company
- Provide strategic direction in the research and execution of moving multiple products from MVP/Industry pioneer to market-driven winners
- Scale the product team to meet the needs of the larger organization
- Create and Manage a User Experience team as part of the product group to augment our ability to research, evaluate and deliver best in class solutions
- Assist in the formation of 3-year strategy including market analysis, segmentation, and evaluation
Senior Manager of Product Development – Jenzabar, Inc
- Responsible for the success of platform portal product and additional software packages living on top of the portal
- Lead both product management and product development teams
- Research, scope (feasibility, profitability) and document market problems as well as potential requirement/solution sets for expansion of both existing software offerings and new offerings
- Lead the sunsetting of products and exit of un-sustainable markets
- Participate in cross-department planning and strategy to facilitate company-wide product direction and development strategies
- Lead formation of strategy for a fundamental shift from customer installed and maintained solution to a cloud-based SAAS single code base product
- Took multiple concepts from the research phase through go to market
- Lead overhaul of development and deployment process to reduce time to delivery of updates and streamline new development
- Championed transition to WCAG 2.0 AA compliance and integration of accessibility to the development process