Getting back in the Swing of things
I have started the v2 of the controller build after the current incarnation has been up for over a year:
The drawbacks of the current system I hope to address include:
- No multiplexer / easy control of numerous outlets. I have two 74hc595’s that I want to use to provide better outlet management
- non-solder bread boards bite! My biggest issue is connection problems, I have two solder bread boards to make good connections, as well as a screw/protoshield to make solid connections from the Netduino Plus 2 to the breadboards.
- Multiple temp sensors: I need to be able to monitor a few places in the tank, for data and integrity.
- Stand alone 5v power supply- My i2c LCD screen dims when my relays fire, I want to provide stable abundant 5v power supply to the relays to keep my i2c and 1wire devices stable.
- Version control! I’ve started a codeplex site, and uploaded the very first lines of the system. It’s based on the 4.3.1 firmware and was developed in Visual Studio. Find it here: https://reefindotnet.codeplex.com/
That’s all for now, I’m going to put my head down and try to get temp sensors and shift registers working today!